Barley Australia Travel Award to attend the 20th ABTS
Barley Australia is providing Travel Awards for students wishing to attend the 20th Australian Barley Technical Symposium, to be held at QT Gold Coast, Queensland, from the evening of Mon 22nd to Thurs 25th August 2022.
The Travel Awards, with a minimum value to $1,000, are available to those students:
- Currently enrolled with an Australian University in Masters or PhD by research programs of relevance to the Australian barley industry
- Willing and able to attend in person the Symposium and submit an abstract for either oral or poster presentation.
- Willing and able to attend an industry forum event for students at the Symposium.
Applications should be sent to:
Dr. Lisle Snyman
Secretary Australia Barley Technical Symposium Inc.
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Hermitage Research Facility, 604 Yangan Road, Warwick QLD 4370.
Applications must close at 5.00pm (AEST) on Friday 5th August.
Selection criteria for BA Student Travel Awards.
- Enrolment in either a Masters or a PhD by research at an Australian University.
- Research relevance to the Australia barley industry
- Research relevance to ABTS22 key themes
- Demonstrated understanding of Barley Australia
- Demonstrated commitment of student to the Australian barley industry
- Ability to present in person, and participate in student workshops
- Prior involvement with or attendance at ABTS
Applicants need to provide a cover letter addressing the KSC and indicating their interest in being involved in the Australian barley industry. The application needs to be accompanied by a letter of support for their attendance by their supervisor.
As an organisation that supports gender equality and diversity, the ABTS will take gender into consideration when providing these travel awards.